Beans, beans, they make you fart. Heheheeee. But I swear this one didn’t make me gaseous.
If you’re craving a delicious, satisfying burger, but you also need to keep an eye on your calorie intake, then sink your hungry chompers into this vegetarian Easy Black Bean Burger. It’s flavorful and filling, and ready in less than 15 minutes!
Want to pair this with a yummy low calorie dessert? Try my Low Calorie Strawberry Shortcake recipe. It’s quick, no-bake, and ready in 5 minutes!
- 3 cans Goya black beans (15-oz size)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Butter & olive oil for pan frying.
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Optional But Recommended Spices:
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Dice onions and set aside.
- Drain beans but DO NOT rinse.
- Mash & smash beans, then add onions and spices.
- Taste your mixture to be sure you’re satisfied with flavor profile BEFORE adding the eggs.
- Add eggs & stir thoroughly.
- Slowly add breadcrumbs until the recommended consistency is reached. The mix should be able to form a patty that holds together but is not too dry. It will be a bit sticky before cooking.
- Add half butter, half olive oil to pan. Cook your burger a few minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Don’t forget to add a nice, soft bun. No dried up, crumbling stale buns are allowed. But, seriously, you can still make this even without a bun. Lightly toast up two slices of bread and you’re all set. Now dig into this black bean burger, for goodness sake. Go make it right now!