We’ve finally found it. After years of trying out different recipes, we’ve finally found THE ONE mac and cheese recipe that is gonna stuck to the ribs of my family until the end of time. Even after we are skeletons buried deep inside the earth, there will still be some Mack and Jeezy remnants left because we just don’t wanna ever let this recipe go.
Terry Crews Mack and Jeezy is definitely the truth of all mac and cheeses. I was extremely skeptical about the cottage cheese ingredient. But the cottage cheese, along with sour cream, is what makes this dish special.
Recipe as seen on Buzzfeed (scroll down for the suggested Yum Yucky adaptions)
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese (or small curd)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Paprika, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Cook macaroni “al dente” according to package directions. Drain with cold water.
3. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, cheese, sour cream, egg, and salt. Fold in macaroni.
4. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with coconut oil.
5. Spoon mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with extra cheese and paprika.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
This recipe can definitely stand on it’s own without any arguments, but I suggest the following adaptions to make it even more pleasing to ‘yo belly.
YUM YUCKY’S SUGGESTED ADAPTIONS
- Increase salt measurement by an extra 1/4 teaspoon
- Add sprinklings of garlic powder and mustard powder
- Add a little extra cottage cheese (if you have it)
- Use butter in the pan instead of coconut oil
- Add hot sauce to the completed dish once it’s on your plate
The Jeeziness! Ohhh lawd, The Jeeziness! It was Mack and Jeezy for sure, and was surprisingly creamy despite not having a creamy look to it. The cottage cheese and sour cream really add important elements that keep the mac from drying out, and bring out amazing flavor I’ve never had in other mac and cheese dishes.
Thank you, Terry Crews, for sharing your precious family recipe with the world. You are definitely one the coolest guys around.
Make sure you try this recipe. You are shorting yourself out of living life to the fullest if you don’t whip up da’ Jeezy.
The post Terry Crews Mack and Jeezy. We made it. It’s freakin’ delicious. appeared first on Yum Yucky.